Ready Universal Sensor Kit 2
RUSK is a Spark Core add-on SENSOR board that comes with all of the following:
- Noise level (with built-in microphone).
- UV Index and Illumination.
- Barometric pressure.
- Air relative humidity and Soil moisture.
- Air and Soil temperature.
- Up to 3 sources of power measurements using non-invasive, split-core clamps.
- A 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer, and Digital Compass with an on-board Digital Motion Processor™.
- Powered by solar with MPPT-based charging control, battery terminals or via the on-board USB port. Power sensors up or down in software so you can manage battery life.
- 2 on-board activity LEDs to let you know what it's doing, and 3 LEDs to inform you about power usage.
- Pin breakout for all the A/DIO that we aren't already using so that you can further customize it to your requirements. You'll still have direct access to TX, RX, D6, D7, A6, A7, SDA/SCL, RST and GND.
- Super sleek profile at just 84mm by 42mm, and compatible with the Spark Core and Spark Photon.
- Two layer PCB, single-side, surface mounted components.
Much of the software driven functionality comes from the Spark Core software including full WiFi function and remote management, installation and update of code, access to IFTTT, web APIs and much more.
Getting RUSK to Work: Firmware
To use RUSK, you will need to import the following libraries into your Spark Project:
You do that through the Spark Build interface, just like you see below.
You will also need to copy and paste the default RUSK program to make it all "just work". Once you're confident you've got things working, you can modify as you see fit to do anything you want.
The code is in this repository: https://github.com/foxfire-online/RUSK-r002